After installing Sharepoint 2007 the Admin Content DB has a strange name.
How to rename the Admin Content DB:
- within SQL Server, backup the Sharepoint_AdminContent_132465789... db
- restore database with new name “Sharepoint_AdminContent”
- within the Sharepoint Central Administration go to Application Management > Content Databases
- select the Central Administration webapplication and delete the content database.
- after the last step, you will get an error message on the Central Administration Page and you will
not be able to get back into it -> thats normal!!
- with the commandline tool stsadm start the following command:
stsadm -o addcontentdb -url http://portal:1234 -databasename Sharepoint_AdminContent -databaseserver servername
(1234 = Port of Central Administration)